There are lots of free tools that will allow you to record video on a Chromebook. Video Recorder is a free online tool that allows you to record videos and take pictures with your webcam. All you need is a web camera and a good internet connection. Camera is a pre-installed app for taking pictures with your Chromebook webcam. Use the steps in this section to take photos, apply filters, save, view, and delete images in the Camera app.
Photos taken in the Camera app are not permanently saved to the Chromebook until you save them. Use the steps in this section to view photos you have taken, and delete or save individual images.
Also, look for information on the best web cam for Chromebook. It may make sense to use an external video camera if you care about the video quality.
Can you do video editing on a Chromebook?
Chromebooks do not come with a pre-installed app for recording video. Search the Chrome Web Store (in English) for apps that can record video with your Chromebook webcam. You may be required to grant individual apps permission to access your webcam.
There’s not one good solution to edit video on a Chromebook. You can do some nice photo editing on a Chromebook, but it’s still too difficult or too costly to edit video on a Chromebook for the average user with simple needs. The solutions mentioned below are the best available, but none of them are great.
How do you record your screen on a Chromebook?
- Download Screencastify from the Chrome Web Store.
- Click the film strip icon in the corner of your screen to get started.
- Choose whether you want to screencast the contents of the tab, or your entire desktop.
Video chatting with Chat for Google on Chromebook
How to use Webcam on a Chromebook?
- To activate the webcam, navigate to the Launcher > All Apps > Camera.
- To change the filter, select the filter icon.
- Select the desired filter. …
- You can flip the picture horizontally by selecting the Mirror icon.
- To take a picture, select the Capture icon.
- To view the pictures you have captured, select the Gallery icon to record video on a Chromebook.