It is very easy to zoom in or magnify your Chromebook screen. To see items on your Chromebook screen better, you can zoom in, magnify, or change your screen resolution. To make everything on your screen bigger, change your screen resolution. To make your web page bigger, but keep other things on the page the same size, use zoom. To zoom in on part of your screen, use the magnifier. Zooming in and out on a Chromebook is easy once you figure out how to use the magnifier tool!
Make everything on your screen bigger or smaller on Chromebook
To make everything on your screen bigger or smaller (including your desktop icons and cursor), change your Chromebook screen resolution:
- Make things bigger (decrease resolution): Press Ctrl + Shift and +.
- Make things smaller (increase resolution): Press Ctrl + Shift and –.
- Reset resolution: Press Ctrl + Shift + 0.
How do I make the font bigger on my Chromebook?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Next to “Zoom,” choose the zoom options you want: Make everything larger: Click Zoom in . Make everything smaller: Click Zoom out . Use full-screen mode: Click Full screen .
You can also use the keyboard shortcuts to zoom in or out:
- Make everything larger:
- Windows and Linux: Press Ctrl and +.
- Mac: Press ⌘ and +.
- Chrome OS: Press Ctrl and +.
- Make everything smaller:
- Windows and Linux: Press Ctrl and –.
- Mac: Press ⌘ and –.
- Chrome OS: Press Ctrl and –.
- Use full-screen mode:
- Windows and Linux: Press F11.
- Mac: Press ⌘ + Ctrl + f.
- Chrome OS: At the top of your keyboard, press the full screen key . This key is also called F4.
How do you change the screen resolution on a Chromebook?
To change screen resolution on your Chromebook, follow these simple steps: Go to Settings and choose Display Settings. Or, you can directly open chrome://settings/display on your Omnibox. I usually open up Settings and start typing Display, and click Display Settings in search results.
Magnify and pan around Chromebook Screen
You can zoom in on parts of your screen, like you’re using a magnifying glass.
First, turn on the screen magnifier:
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- Click the status area, where your account picture appears.
- Click Settings Show advanced settings.
- In the “Accessibility” section, select the box next to “Enable screen magnifier.”
Then you can magnify your screen:
- Zoom in: Press Ctrl + Alt, then scroll with two fingers up. You can also press Ctrl + Alt + Brightness up .
- Zoom out: Press Ctrl + Alt, then scroll with two fingers down. You can also press Ctrl + Alt + Brightness down .
- Pan the view around: Move your cursor in any direction, past the physical edges of the screen.
Connect Chromebook to External Monitor
It is also very easy to connect your Chromebook to an external monitor. See the following article on connecting your Chromebook to an external monitor.