What are the best games you can play on a Chromebook? Many users will want to play games on their Chromebooks. Fortunately, there are many different types of games that will run on a Chromebook. Some Chromebook games will require you be connected to the internet while some other Chromebook games you can play offline. It is important to remember that games designed specifically for Windows or OSX will not run on a Chromebook. This would generally be more advanced games that might even require a dedicated gaming computer.
For the casual gamer, games on ChromeOS should be perfect to keep you entertained. Below are some of the best ways to be a casual gamer on a Chromebook. Many options exist to keep you entertained!
How to Play Games on a Chromebook
There a few ways to play games on a Chromebook. This big difference in playing a ChromeOS game or an HTML5 online games is that you can typically play many of the games from the Chome Web Store offline. This might make more sense to download these if you will be using your Chromebook offline a lot. below is a summary of the different ways to play games on a Chromebook:
- Chrome Web Store Games
- HTML5 Games on Chromebook
- Flash Games on Chromebook
- Android Play Store Games
Games that require Java, like Minecraft, will not work in ChromeOS. Furthermore, games designed specifically for Windows or OSX will not work on a Chromebook. Chromebooks do not support the Steam store.
Chromebook Web Store Games
The Chrome Web Store offers more than just extensions, themes, and other productivity apps. It also houses an impressive collection of games that can be directly played on a Chromebook. Many of the same great titles that are available on your smartphone, tablet, and high-end gaming console are also available on Chrome. You can go to the web store and download Chromebooks games. Some of thees Chromebook games may even be played offline.
HTML 5 Games on Chromebook and Flash Games
Android Games on Chromebook
Now that Chromebooks can run Android apps, its time to load up on some Android games. Note that not all Android games will work the best on a Chromebook. For example, many Chromebooks do not have touch screens. Many of the Android games are designed to be played on a touch screen. Also, only certain Chromebooks can support the Google Play store. Double check here if your Chromebook can play Android games.
Best Sites for HTML5 Games for Chromebook
There are many different gaming sites that let you play games on Chromebooks.
- http://www.y8.com/ has a wide selection of games.
- http://html5games.com/ has many HTML5 Chromebook compatible games
Best Games in Chrome Web Store
Very easy to access the Chrome web store to play games on a Chromebook. Below are some of the best Chromebook games in the Chome store online.
- Airmech – AirMech is a revolutionary action-strategy game that puts you in the battle as a giant transforming robot!
- Polycraft – You’ve been stranded on a mysterious island — what bad luck! Build a base and survive the island. Take the stand, hero!
- Entanglement – Create the longest path possible and challenge your friends in the game of Entanglement.
- Arcane Legends
- KingsRoad – Adventure unleashed! Explore the magical world of Arcane Legends with companions on desktop and mobile for FREE!
- Heroes of Loot – A dungeon full of loot is awaiting for a new set of Heroes.. come and get some!
- Dominus A free multiplayer social strategy game. Grow in power until you can overthrow your lord and climb the tree to become the Dominus.
Android Games on Chromebook
If you have the right computer, it is possible to play Android games on a Chromebook. You can download and use Android apps on your Chromebook using the Google Play Store app. Android games will typically work the best on a Chromebook that has a touchscreen. Also, not all Android games will run on ChromeOS.
Offline Games for Chromebook
There are many great Chromebook games that you can play offline. If you take your Chromebook on your commute or an airplane, pass the time with enjoyable Chromebook games you can play offline. These will keep you entertained even when you do not have WiFi.